Interested in taking up the cadet challenge?
A few basics:
- We are a youth development organisation, not the NZDF. You won’t be sent anywhere to fight.
- Although most cadets enjoy their time with the squadron, if you find cadets is not for you, or you develop other interests, that’s fine. You can leave at any time.
- Subs (to help pay for running the unit) are $65 a term. There are also costs for unit camps and activities. For example around $10 – $30 for a weekend camp, $70 for a glider flight, and $125 for powered flying.
- Promotion courses are free – the NZDF provides travel, food and accommodation.
- Uniform is provided free (you have to provide your own shoes and socks), provided it is returned in good condition (fair wear and tear excepted).
You can find out more and arrange a visit by using the form below.